Leftover spaghetti recipe

Ever wonder what you could do with leftover spaghetti? Here is a very fast and versatile recipe I learned from my mom.
I had about 2 cups of pasta leftover so I will work with that... (angel hair, linguine, and spaghetti work best)

Heat up a pan with your favorite oil as if you were frying an egg.
2 cups of cold cooked pasta ready
1/2 - 1 tablespoon of adobo.
1 tsp of black pepper
*or you can use your favorite all purpose seasoning or spices.*
4 eggs beat in a large bowl.
Pour in your pasta and seasoning
Mix around with your fork.

Here's were you can get real creative. You can add your favorite veggies as you would on an omelette. Throw in some parmesan cheese. If you want to use another cheese like, mozzarella or cheddar, I suggest you use it as a topping for when it's done. Use diced up ham or turkey, I've even used spam. As I said, you can get real creative. Today I'm keeping it simple and basic which is still very delicious!

Once the oil is hot I like to cook a small amount of the pasta just to make sure that it is seasoned to your taste.
*Start off light on the seasoning, you can always add more!*
Use fork to place pasta in pan tongs to flip.
Cooking to golden brown on each side is ideal.
Place over paper towels to soak oil up.
*You may use pam and/or eggwhites if you want to save calories.
Honestly its so much better fried. :-)

Feel free to share your creations and feedback. I can't wait to hear from you. Enjoy readers!

oXo, J

Sources: my kitchen ;-)


Comments

Popular Posts