What to expect for 2013

Feast your eyes on what's to come. The Spring and Pre-Fall collections have been posted. Of the top I noticed a more palette monochromatic color palette and loose fitting clothing was a common denominator in many of the collections. There were also some old fads like jumpsuits and chunky heels making appearances. Will it stick? Perhaps after reading this you might know the answer to that question. 
Even though monochrome seems to be the theme of most of these collections, some designers are still playing around with colors. Color blocking is hard habit to break if you ask me...

Spring 2013- 

Balenciaga



I think it's safe to say that Peplums are going to be around for a while. What stood out to me in this collection was the variety of hem lines. 
click here for more on this collection. 

Louis Vuitton


This a playful collection! Vuitton played around with checkers and I love the color palette he used in this collection.
click here for more on this collection.

Bottega Veneta


A very innovative collection... I highly recommend you check out the rest of this collection. See that chunky heel... there are many mores shoes like these by many designers floating around. I believe they will make a strong comeback in 2013! 
click here for more on this collection

Fall 2013 

Oscar de la Renta


De la Renta's collection is a collage of patterns and textures. Perhaps 2013 will be the year of taking risks on pattern mixing, more so than this year. 


Rag & Bone


A strong demonstration of loose fitting collection, which is also seen in many of the other collections on Harper's Bazaar

Donna Karen


This collection was so sleek and very to the point. Modern classics is how I would sum it up!

Bottega Veneta


Veneta's Fall collection was so sleek and sharp. Simple colors, very monochrome. This jumpsuit was post worthy. Just like Veneta's Spring collection, risks were taken. Very modern, and very refreshing. 


Gucci
My favorite collection so far


Gucci always seems to get it right. This collection played with few colors but has plenty of texture and style! What I love most about these pieces, is that it would work for any size.

I stand by my fashion third eye on seeing a tone down in color blocking, and looser fitting pieces. Look out  for the comeback of the jumpsuit, and I have already seen chunky heels in stores. I found this color 2013 color palette but of course this is not a promise yet. 2013 Color Palette Organe might be the new accent color of the year, I saw lots of orange shoes and accessories on my last trip to the mall.

You can view the rest of the Pre-Fall 2013 collection on Harper's Bazaar. Click away! Hope you enjoyed this read.



oXo, J



For more on my fashion forecasting click here!



Sources:

Comments

Popular Posts