Totally Geek Chic Radio

To check out saved episodes or catch a live show click here

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Black Eyed Peas, "The Beginning"

Finally got to listen to their latest album in its entirety. This review is not one that wanted to do, because I really love them. I have always told my friends that I should have been in their group. ☺ The album seems bland, almost repetitive. Personally I love dance and electronic music, but this, not so much. Perhaps this one is ahead of its time? I also noticed that fergy’s voice is seems over the top, it’s not that it’s a bad thing. Fergy’s voice is powerful and she overpowers the music when she starts to sing in most of these tracks. This album was a disappointment :( On the bright side, I have to commend them for this courageous move to step outside of the box. There artistic talents are still a force to be reckoned with. Track 2 “Light up the night” used a very old slick rick beat; it the best one in my opinion, that one will go on my iPhone! Out of 5 hearts they get 3 hearts. =] One suggestion before I conclude my text. B.E.P. needs to take back a few notches and channel their ‘hiphopness’ more. Can’t wait for the next one B.E.P.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More