The Black Eyed Peas, "The Beginning"

Finally got to listen to their latest album in its entirety. This review is not one that wanted to do, because I really love them. I have always told my friends that I should have been in their group. ☺ The album seems bland, almost repetitive. Personally I love dance and electronic music, but this, not so much. Perhaps this one is ahead of its time? I also noticed that fergy’s voice is seems over the top, it’s not that it’s a bad thing. Fergy’s voice is powerful and she overpowers the music when she starts to sing in most of these tracks. This album was a disappointment :( On the bright side, I have to commend them for this courageous move to step outside of the box. There artistic talents are still a force to be reckoned with. Track 2 “Light up the night” used a very old slick rick beat; it the best one in my opinion, that one will go on my iPhone! Out of 5 hearts they get 3 hearts. =] One suggestion before I conclude my text. B.E.P. needs to take back a few notches and channel their ‘hiphopness’ more. Can’t wait for the next one B.E.P.

Comments

Popular Posts