"Shakira, Shakira" Sale el sol review

On ‘Facebook’ today, Shakira fans were able to preview her new album, “sale el sol” (out comes the sun). When the first track started to play, “sale el sol”, it took me back to her black hair days. The easy strums of her guitar, that soft alternative rock side was present. Most fans, like myself, hold that side of Shakira close to their hearts.
Many of her loyal fans weren't too thrilled with the last album. Although for the most part I can agree with the fans that her pop side isn’t really her strength. Perhaps we aren't giving her enough credit. Consider this; she isn’t afraid of taking risks, and going out of her comfort zone. In fact, she has taken huge leaps out from her comfort zone. I commend her for that. This shows how much she loves music as a whole and not just one genre. If I were a recording artist I would probably be doing the same thing as well. Surely there are many music junkies out there who love all kinds of music, so perhaps you can relate.

The highlights of the album are her original alternative Latin pop and rock sounds, to include some merengue, and more. As I stated earlier, taking risks, and I love that about her. I must say, she does merengue very well. I have already plugged my Mac Book in to my stereo and got down with “Loca” (crazy).

On a scale of 1-5 I give it a 4. There are deep Latin roots in this album, and of course those alternative sounds. The lyrics are well written and well thought of. There is a little bit of pop in there, however this time, I believe she did it right and it did not take away for her unique style. The only reason I did not give it a 5 is because I am comparing it to the all of her previous albums. “Donde estan los ladrones” (where are the thieves) has not been beaten yet. So far it still stands as my favorite Shakira album.

My Favorite track in this album is 9, “Devocion” (devotion). I actually had to listen to it a couple of times; it gets a 5. You could also sample her new album HERE but you have to like the page listen. ;) Enjoy music lovers! I’d love to hear some feedback from you soon.

Xoxo,
J


Sources:
Retrieved from Google Images,
http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&biw=1160&bih=649&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=Shakira+loca&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Comments

Popular Posts