Shock Value II is not so shocking...

Well, maybe I was a bit shocked that it wasn't as good as most of us anticipated. Out of the 17 tracks on this album, I only really liked two; "Carry Out" and "Morning After Dark. Words cannot express how disappointed I am. I have always been a huge fan of 'Timbo'. In fact, I've always like to say that what ever Timbaland touches turns to gold. As soon as Nelly Furtado, and Justin Timberlake started working with him they became untouchable; hit after hit.

Sample the new album here ---> ShockValue2

Hip Hop, in general, has evolved over the years. It has taken in other genres like electronic, dance, house, even rock and infused them together; which for the most part has worked out. This might be great for a few songs, but come on 'Timbo'. Did the original sound of hip hop die? I am all for being creative and making new sounds and genre mixing but, can we take it back a notch?

Electronic/Dance etc... Is at the top of my favorite types music. I just feel that this CD is borderline teenie bopper pop. Miley Cyrus? I am not sure if I could ever shake my what my mama gave me to her music. However, my opinion on Miley can change later down the line because, I said the same thing about Lady Gaga, as soon as "let's dance" would play on the radio, I would immediately change the station. Now I love her! As always I wish artist nothing but the best. I don't want to seem like I am 'hating' on 'Timbo' because I am still a big fan. I just have to keep it real. It's who I am, and can't be any other way.

P.S. Shock Value I ^_^ Is till my one of my favorites; love and still play it often!


xoxo, J

Sources:
Youtube, videos

Comments

Popular Posts